Announcements – March 4, 2019 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken patty/bun, Broccoli/cheese sauce, Mandarin oranges, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/biscuit or biscuit and gravy, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Turkey gravy over biscuit, Peas, Pineapple, Milk
- Reminder: March 11 and 12 there will be a 2:00 pm dismissal due to conferences. Conferences are from 4 – 8 pm. Also, will be no classes on March 13, 14 and 15.
- Parking reminder–there are signs across the street in front of the high school that say no parking. Please respect these and park in a parking spot.
- The Dance team tryout sign up sheet is in the office. Make sure you sign up.
- Franklin REC will sponsor a student from the area to participate in the Iowa Rural Electric Youth Tour. This includes an all-expense-paid trip to Washington, D.C., from June 14-19, 2019. Parents DO NOT have to be members to participate in this opportunity. Applications are due on March 4. Visit www.franklinrec.coop or stop by the HS office for more information..
- For clarification: A two hour late start means that school starts at 10:15 regardless of the day of the week. Thanks!
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- There is an employment opportunity with the Girl Scouts of Greater Iowa for graduating seniors or students who will be 18 by June 15th. There are counselor, rope course and lifeguard positions available for this summer. They are hiring for two camps located in Boone, Iowa. The work schedule would be June 4 – August 13 with breaks between sessions and a long break over July 4th. If you are interested, but have a conflict with a small number of the days we work, go ahead and apply anyway, as they can likely work through an absence. The Unit Counselors salary range is $2400 – $2700. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!