Announcements – May 3, 2022 – Day A/3
May 3, 2022 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: Turkey gravy over biscuits, Peas, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal or Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Sloppy joe/bun, Baked beans, Pears
This week’s birthdays
Breea Weaver – 5/2
Harmoney Truax – 5/3
Mrs. Porter – 5/3
Ellie Lauffer – 5/4
Hudson Butler – 5/4
Dakota Gregory – 5/5
Cole Pals – 5/6
Hellena Asterline – 5/7
Madisyn Bonner – 5/7
Kaden Graf – 5/8
- The following seniors need to stop in the office by the end of today (5/3): Delaney Christianson, Carter Hermann, Nate Hubka, Carson Nuehring, Jair Ramirez, Cassidy Wegner and Zadin Whitehurst
- Please stop in the office and pick up golf/track pictures: Rose Rother, Delaney Christenson, Nolan Shreckengost, Edison Maske, Max Heimbuch, Levi Ruckdashel, Ethan Shields
- Please stop in the office and Pick up your academic certificates: Riley Peterson, Ki Janssen, Edison Caspers, Mya Braun, Cassidy Wegner, Brett Witte, Maddy Bonner and Delaney Christenson
- There will be an information meeting on May 17 at the Wellness center at 3:20 for any 7th grade girl interested in softball.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology is holding another program information session on Tuesday, May 17th from 3:30 – 4:30 PM. The session is virtual and will last approximately 1 hour. If you are interested in attending, please email Amy Edwards at email@example.com. If you are unable to attend but would like to attend a future session, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The NIACC Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA) will be offered June 13-17, 2022 at NIACC from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with presentations on June 21, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This event is free! All students will receive a $500 scholarship to NIACC and a gas card provided for travel with an opportunity to win a $500 seed money award. Applications are due May 16th or until full.
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp July 21-22, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. This is a time for 9-12th grade students to explore health careers such as nursing, EMT, medical assistant, certified nurse aide, physical therapist assistant and potentially athletic training. The cost will be approximately $110 and usually includes lunch both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope.
- Minds On! Hands On! Camp will be held June 20 – 22 at NIACC. This is a free event offered for girls that will be in grades 9-12 in fall of 2022. This year the focus will be on NIACC Heating and Air Conditioning program with a focus on maintenance and repair in the home. Lunch will be provided daily. Camp is limited to 12 campers, so please register early.
- Any students that want/need to update their Wellness Center membership and have the money at school(cash or check), please stop by Mr. Nuehring’s room and Mr. Nuehring will get you a membership form, collect the money and get you a receipt. You can also pay online at the West Fork website if you have a debit/credit card. It is $50 for the year or $5 for a day pass. Remember, no admission in the Wellness Center if you do not have a membership or five dollars for the day pass.
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! Please email Mr. Burt with any issues that you are experiencing. We also need your senior quote! Submit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful