Announcements – November 1, 2022 – Day A/1
November 1, 2022 – Day A/1
Today’s lunch: Hamburger/bun, Carrots, Applesauce
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Muffin, Yogurt, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Popcorn chicken, Corn, Pears
This weeks birthdays
Austin Brown – 10/30
Ethan Brown – 10/30
Reed Lundt – 10/31
Vincent Gauley – 10/31
Sebastian Stroup – 11/1
Keston Pralle – 11/1
Ryley Bonnema – 11/1
Cole Weaver – 11/2
Lucas Stanbrough – 11/3
Lily Baker – 11/3
Mr. Bacheldor – 11/3
Beti Jo Hayes – 11/4
Ms. Wilson – 11/5
- There will be an NHS meeting in Mrs. Sears’s room during
- Seniors in NIACC Composition: You will NOT have class today, Tuesday, November 1st.
- Early Dismissals on November 1 & 3. School dismisses at 1:00PM.
- Upcoming Dates: Conferences – November 1st and November 3rd from 4-8pm. Please call the office if you have any questions.
No School – November 4th
Thanksgiving break – November 23 – 25
- If you are interested in some assistance with filling out the FAFSA, a Financial Aid Advisor from NIACC will be available on Thursday, 3rd during parent-teacher conferences. These will be available by appointment only in 45 minute increments beginning at 4:00 – 4:00, 4:45 and 5:30 are still available. Please contact Mrs. Lillquist to make an appointment or with questions. If there is enough interest, we may be able to add additional days for appointments.
- MercyOne North Iowa School of Radiology is holding a program information session today, Tuesday, November 1st. There are two sessions, one from 7:00 – 8:00 AM and the other from 3:30 – 4:30 PM. The sessions are virtual and will last approximately 1 hour. If you are interested in attending, please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- Ellsworth Community College is holding a Day of Design! This event is on December 9th and runs from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM with lunch included. This is for students who may be interested in graphic design. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- If you are interested in going out for boys wrestling this year, please stop in the office and sign up.
- West Fork School Theatre will present: REUNION (After the End of the World), a play by Will Quam, starring 14 of our talented middle and high school students! Saturday, November 12th, 6:30pm and Sunday, November 13th, 2pm. Free will donation towards the arts at the door.
- SPEECH CONTEST: If you missed the introductory meeting, that’s fine – information and a sign-up form is available online at https://tinyurl.com/westforkspeech or text Mr. Pralle at 641-583-5258
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- MercyOne has reopened their job shadow opportunities. If you are interested in setting one up, please see Mrs Lillquist. There are a few requirements, including COVID vaccine, Flu Vaccine and at least 16 years of age..
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at email@example.com.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:00pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:10pm – Sheffield
- 5:30pm – Meservey
- 5:37pm – Thornton
- 5:45pm – Swaledale
- 5:52pm – Rockwell
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful