Announcements – November 15, 2017 – Day A
Announcements – November 15, 2017
Today’s Lunch Menu: Pork tenderloin/bun, Baked beans, Applesauce, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast, or breakfast pizza, Fruit, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch: Walking taco, Green beans, Strawberry/banana, Milk
1. Reminder: If you are entering or leaving the building during the scheduled school day, you are required to stop in the office and sign in and out. This does include seniors.
2. If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is setup to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the school will attempt to notify the parents or guardian.
3. Speech Participants: You must submit your pieces to Mrs. Schafer BEFORE THANKSGIVING BREAK!
4. Wrestling apparel order forms in the media center. Due back November 15th..
5. Please have your senior and baby pictures turned into Mr. Burt by December 20th.
6. Winter drivers ed sign-up sheet is in the office. Classes begin December 5th in Sheffield from 7:00-8:00 am (7-9 on Wednesdays). More information to follow
7. Iowa HOBY is a leading international leadership program for high school sophomores that is packed with fun, innovative leadership activities focusing on the social change model, including personal leadership, group leadership, and leadership for society. The purpose of the seminar is to prepare our country’s high school sophomores to become effective, ethical leaders in their home, schools, workplace, and community. Each state has at least one HOBY seminar, and last year 200 sophomores selected from Iowa’s public and private high schools from across the state attended Iowa HOBY. Check out more about Iowa HOBY at our website and watch this short video which provides highlights of our seminar!
This year, the Iowa HOBY seminar will be hosted on the beautiful campus of Drake University in Des Moines, from Friday morning, June 8 – Sunday afternoon, June 10, 2018.
Each school may send up to five students to participate. The first student’s (the primary student) registration fee is $225, with a $395 registration fee for each additional student. The deadline for guaranteed acceptance is Friday, December 8, 2017.
8. The freshman class will be holding a couple fundraisers for a fellow student: Staff will be able to wear jeans on Thursday, November 16th. Please give $5 to Hailey or the office by noon on Thursday. Also, there will be a bake sale on Wednesday, November 15 – between 3rd and 4th.
9. The Marines recruiter will be in the lunch room over the lunch hour today.
10. West Fork state dance team order forms for t-shirts are in the office. The orders are due by noon on Friday.
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.