Announcements – November 8, 2018 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken noodle soup, Grilled cheese sandwich, Crackers, Peaches/cottage cheese, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast or waffle, Juice, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Cheese pizza cruncher, Green beans, Applesauce, Milk
- Speech Kids: The Top Of Iowa Conference is offering a practice contest at GHV (Garner) on December 1st. They are NOT offering One Act Play, Radio Broadcasting or Spontaneous Speaking.
If you would like to attend, please let Mrs. Schafer know before Friday, November 9th.
- Today’s schedule:
Block 1: 8:15-9:40
Block 2: 9:45-11:10
Block 3: 12:18-1:05
Block 4: 1:08-2:00
- Thornton/Meservey shuttle bus riders dismiss today at 1:45 – bus leaves at 1:50. Mike Nuehring’s bus that goes to Rockwell will leave at 1:40 today.
- There will be a meeting for parents that have boys going out for hs basketball this Friday at 5:30pm at the WC classroom.
- On November 16th at 7:00pm mark your calendars!!! The West Fork High School will be performing Write Me A Murder by Michael Druce.
- Conferences are scheduled for November 8 – from 4pm to 8pm. There will be a 2:00 dismissal on this day.
- The Veteran’s Day program is scheduled for November 12th at 8:30am.
- There is a wrestling sign up sheet in the office for anyone who interested.
- Next NHS Meeting:Tuesday, November 13th during Warhawk Time.
- We have been having issues with the doors between the two gyms. Please do not yank on the doors or prop them open when they are locked. Be respectful of our building.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- The National Guard will be hosting a self-defense class tonight, Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the Wellness Center. Sign up in the high school office if you are interested. All are welcome!
- Winter Driver Education is tentatively set for December 3rd through January 15th. Please stop in the office if you have questions regarding the schedule or to sign up.
- A representative from Hawkeye will be here today, Thursday, November 8th, at 11:15 in the high school conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- There is a career exploration event next Thursday, November 15th from 10:00 – 11:30 AM at SeaBee’s in Hampton. They have recently started a registered apprenticeship program for industrial maintenance repairer and plan to have welding and machinist apprenticeships as well in the future. Students will be able to tour the facility, learn about the registered apprenticeship programs and tuition reimbursement that they offer. You will also be able to hear about the benefits and career options they have available. Please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP if you are interested or would like more information.
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following November dates and times:
Thursday, November 15th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Life’s Hardest Decision Is The Decision To Be Yourself!!!