Announcements – October 2, 2019 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Popcorn chicken, French fries, Broccoli, Mandarin orange
Tomorrow’s Breakfast Menu: Cereal/toast or french toast, Fruit
Tomorrow’s Lunch Menu: Hamburger/bun, Peas, Chips, Applesauce
Choice 1- Chef salad Choice 2 – Chicken salad sandwich
Reminder: Please sign up before 9:45. Sign up before 1st block or after 1st block.
- SENIORS: Yesterday the Free Application for Federal Student Aid opened for the 2020-2021 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. We will have a financial aid specialist attending the first night of conferences on November 4th to assist with this, but if you would like to get a jump start – it is now open. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Sukup Manufacturing is providing a job shadow opportunity on Friday, October 4th, for high school juniors & seniors. The event will run from 9:30 – 2:00 and include lunch. The career paths students are able to shadow include: welding, CNC lathes/machining/lasers, paint, tool and die, industrial maintenance and mechanics and fleet maintenance. This will be the only opportunity to shadow these particular careers with Sukup this school year. It is limited to 10 students per career area. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details!
- Ellsworth Community College is hosting a Conservation Technology Day on October 11th. The event is from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM and includes lunch If you are interested, please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- UNI is hosting a “Be a Teacher Day” on Friday, October 11th. This is a special visit day open to all students interested in teaching. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- The Iowa High School Athletic Association is partnering with the National Federation of High Schools to bring students a discounted rate for an ACT/SAT prep program. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions!
- Upcoming dates: 10/4 – Football (H) 7:00pm
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful