Announcements – October 13, 2021 – Day B/6
October 13, 2021 – Day B/6
Today’s Lunch: Popcorn chicken, Carrots, Mandarin oranges, Bread/butter
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Biscuits/Sausage gravy, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Chicken patty/bun, Broccoli, Applesauce
This week’s birthdays!!
Edward Kobliska – 10/13
Aaron Wood – 10/15
Rylie Akins – 10/16
Kylee Riser – 10/16
Cale Payton – 10/16
Mrs. Thompson – 10/16
Reminder: Tomorrow (10/14) is picture retake day! Retakes will start around 10:15.
- The Franklin County Arts Council will be holding auditions for its Christmas theatre performance entitled, “Closed for the Holidays”, on Saturday, October 16th from 4-6pm and Sunday, October 17th from 4-6pm, both dates in the multipurpose room of the Franklin Wellness Center, 1514 Central Ave E, Hampton. Children 2nd grade and older and adults interested in auditioning should attend.
- Archery sign up sheet is in the HS/MS office.
- JH/JV/V G/B Cross Country Top of Iowa Conference meet on Thursday, 10/14 at NIACC. First races begin at 3:30 with a bus departure at 2:30.
- 7th grade JH football at St. Ansgar on Thursday, 10/14. Kickoff will be at 4:15 with a bus departure of 2:45.
- Varsity football Friday, 10/15 at AGWSR in Ackley. Kickoff is at 7:00 with a bus departure of 4:20 from the football shed.
- There will be at meeting for JV/V softball girls on October
13th at 2:15 in the Wellness Center.
- Notifications have been emailed out that your students’ school pictures are ready to view. If you have not received an email from: BestImpressions@orderyourpix.com, please check your
spam file or you may email the photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your link and password.
SCHOOL PICTURE ORDER DEADLINE: Friday, OCT. 15 (after deadline, prices increase and postage will be included)
Retake Day: Thursday, Oct. 14 starts at 7:30 am till 9:00 am (Elementary gym) , 10:15 am to 11:15 am (High School Gym)
If your student was sick on Picture Day or needs retakes, PLEASE EMAIL PHOTOGRAPHER (email@example.com) so we are aware they will be coming for RETAKES.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A representative from Hawkeye Community College will be here Monday, October 18th at 1:00. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Tuesday, October 19th for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here on Thursday, October 21st at 11:30. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for October is “Spooky Arrangement”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful