Announcements – October 15, 2021 – Day B/2
October 15, 2021 – Day B/2
Today’s Lunch: Chicken patty/bun, Broccoli, Applesauce
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal OR Donut, Granola bar, Fruit
Monday’s lunch: Chicken nuggets, Carrots, Pineapple, Breadstick
This week’s birthdays!!
Aaron Wood – 10/15
Rylie Akins – 10/16
Kylee Riser – 10/16
Cale Payton – 10/16
Mrs. Thompson – 10/16
- Seniors please check your email.
- There will be a box in the office for sock donations for the month of October. Donations are due on the 29th. Stop in the office to drop off new, unwrapped socks.
- There will be a mandatory boys high school basketball meeting this Sunday (10/17) at 2:00 in the rec center.
- There will be a middle school Boys Basketball meeting in Mr Hovenga’s room during Warhawk time on Wednesday 10/20.
- SENIORS: Next week is free application week at UNI! UNI will waive the application fee for students applying October 17-22. If you are planning to apply to UNI, next week would be a great time to do so. Please check your email or see Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
- SENIORS: Please submit your senior pictures to Mr. Burt ASAP! We would like to have them all submitted by Thanksgiving. Submit: email@example.com
- The Franklin County Arts Council will be holding auditions for its Christmas theatre performance entitled, “Closed for the Holidays”, on Saturday, October 16th from 4-6pm and Sunday, October 17th from 4-6pm, both dates in the multipurpose room of the Franklin Wellness Center, 1514 Central Ave E, Hampton. Children 2nd grade and older and adults interested in auditioning should attend.
- Archery sign up sheet is in the HS/MS office.
- The Middle School Boys Basketball sign up sheet is in the MS/HS office.
- Varsity football Friday, 10/15 at AGWSR in Ackley. Kickoff is at 7:00 with a bus departure of 4:20 from the football shed.
- There will be at meeting for JV/V softball girls on October
13th at 2:15 in the Wellness Center.
- Notifications have been emailed out that your students’ school pictures are ready to view. If you have not received an email from: BestImpressions@orderyourpix.com, please check your
spam file or you may email the photographer (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get your link and password.
SCHOOL PICTURE ORDER DEADLINE: Friday, OCT. 15 (after deadline, prices increase and postage will be included)
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2022-2023 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A representative from Hawkeye Community College will be here Monday, October 18th at 1:00. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here on Tuesday, October 19th for a college visit. If you have any questions, please stop by.
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here on Thursday, October 21st at 11:30. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for October is “Spooky Arrangement”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful