Announcements – October 2, 2018 – Day A
Today’s lunch menu: Bosco stick, Broccoli with cheese, Mandarin oranges, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/muffin or Cherry frudel, Juice, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Chicken gravy over biscuits, Peas, Peaches, Milk
- NHS Meeting on October 2nd during Warhawk time
- Today is National Custodial Workers Recognition Day!! Please take the time to tell Ross, Donna and Ryan thanks for all they do!!
- Cross Country runners are to be dismissed at 1:50 for a 2:00 departure for Eagle Grove. Good luck tonight Warhawk runners!
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following October dates and times:
Thursday, October 11th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
Thursday, October 18th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at email@example.com if you are interested!
- On October 3rd, WF will participate in a state-wide 30 minute walk out at the track from 1-1:30pm. Check in to 3rd block and please bring a sweatshirt in case it is chilly.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Parking–please make sure you are parking in designated areas.
- Please remember that cell phones should not be out during passing time. Keep them in a pocket, bag, or locker. Teachers are asked to send students to the office if they see phones.
- Students, please make sure you are aware of our school policies, specifically regarding parking, cell phones, and the dress code. Now that we are back into a routine during the school day, the expectations should be upheld. Thank you for your cooperation.
- There is a job shadow event at Sukup on Friday, October 5th from 10:00 – 2:00 and lunch will be provided. This is for juniors and seniors and it is first come, first serve basis. It is limited to 10 students per career, so please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP to secure your spot. Areas include: Welding, CNC Lathes/Machining Centers, Lasers/Robot Welder, Paint, Tool & Die and Industrial Maintenance.
- There is a career exploration event on Tuesday, October 9th from 9:30 – 11:30 at Eaton in Belmond. This is open to students in all grade levels. This opportunity will allow you to explore a variety of careers in the manufacturing field including human resources, engineering, finance, machine operation, production supervision, etc. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP.
- A representative from Simpson College will be here today in the conference room from 12:00 – 12:30. Please stop by if you have any questions about Simpson.
- If you are taking the PSAT, packets are available for pick up. Please stop by and see Mrs. Lillquist. Cost to take the test is $16. The test is next Wednesday from approximately 9:20 – 12:20 and will be in Mr. Thompson’s room.
Be Yourself No Matter What They Say!!