Announcements – October 25, 2022
October 25, 2022 – Day B/2
Today’s lunch: Pork tenderloin/bun, Baked beans, Peaches
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR French toast, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Macaroni & cheese, Broccoli, Pineapple, Bread/butter
This weeks birthdays
Becky Hill – 10/23
Kyler Pedersen – 10/23
Autumn Wood – 10/23
Mackenzie Linderman – 10/26
Morgan Grady – 10/26
Rachel Sandry – 10/26
Grace Ditsworth – 10/287
Kaylele Lafrankie – 10/27
Mr. Thompson – 10/28
- High School Girls Basketball will have a meeting at the Wellness Center Meeting Room on Tuesday, October 25th at 3:15.
- 9-12th graders going out for softball next summer, there is a meeting on Thursday the 27th at 3:15 in the wellness center. If you cannot make it you need to contact coach winfrey.
- Upcoming Dates: Conferences – November 1st and November 3rd. Please call the office if you have any questions.
No School – November 4th
Thanksgiving break – November 23 – 25
- If you are interested in some assistance with filling out the FAFSA, a Financial Aid Advisor from NIACC will be available on Thursday, 3rd during parent-teacher conferences. These will be available by appointment only in 45 minute increments beginning at 4:00. Please contact Mrs. Lillquist to make an appointment or with questions. If there is enough interest, we may be able to add additional days for appointments.
- If you are interested in going out for boys wrestling this year, please stop in the office and sign up.
- Ellsworth Community College in Iowa Falls is having an event for juniors and seniors interested in Medical Assisting and Nursing. It will be held on Friday, November 11 from 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM. If you have questions or would like to attend, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- SPEECH CONTEST: There will be an introductory meeting for this year’s speech contest season on Monday, Oct 31, during Warhawk time. This is for anyone even remotely interested in hearing about what speech contest is, the types of contests and categories available, and what it means to be a part of the speech team. No commitment required at this time! Come find out what it’s all about – it’s not just speeches!
- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open. If you need assistance filing the FAFSA, we will have some opportunities coming up at school, otherwise the Iowa College Access Network (ICAN) provides free virtual appointments. You can schedule a virtual appointment at https://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/ICARUB. You can access the FAFSA application at www.studentaid.gov. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- MercyOne has reopened their job shadow opportunities. If you are interested in setting one up, please see Mrs Lillquist. There are a few requirements, including COVID vaccine, Flu Vaccine and at least 16 years of age..
- Seniors please get your senior pictures to Mr. Burt as soon as possible. If you have any questions please refer to the email Mr. Burt sent out. Pictures can be emailed to email@example.com
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- If you are looking for a volunteer opportunity, patients in Sheffield and Hampton are seeking volunteer companions through Care Initiatives Hospice. For more information or to request an application, contact Christine Dornbusch at (319) 232-6148 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:30pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:40pm – Sheffield
- 6:00pm – Meservey
- 6:05pm – Thornton
- 6:12pm – Swaledale
- 6:20pm – Rockwell
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.