Announcements – October 3, 2018 – Day B
Today’s lunch menu: Chicken gravy over biscuits, Peas, Peaches, Milk
Tomorrow’s breakfast menu: Cereal/toast, of Egg patty, Juice, Milk
Tomorrow’s lunch menu: Beef-n-cheese nachos, Carrots, Frozen yogurt, Pineapple, Mil
- NHS Inductions will be on October 14th at 2pm
- NHS Meeting on October 9th during Warhawk time
- VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY
The Franklin County Extension is looking for volunteers to help with the 2nd-5th Grade Rockwell STEAM Club. The club meets in the FCS Room in the Rockwell school on the following October dates and times:
Thursday, October 11th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
Thursday, October 18th from 3:15-4:45 p.m.
More dates available through May. Watch for those in future announcements.
Contact Mrs. Otten at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
- On October 3rd, WF will participate in a state-wide 30 minute walk out at the track from 1-1:30pm. Check in to 3rd block and please bring a sweatshirt in case it is chilly.
- Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in at the office.
- Parking–please make sure you are parking in designated areas.
- Please remember that cell phones should not be out during passing time. Keep them in a pocket, bag, or locker. Teachers are asked to send students to the office if they see phones.
- Students, please make sure you are aware of our school policies, specifically regarding parking, cell phones, and the dress code. Now that we are back into a routine during the school day, the expectations should be upheld. Thank you for your cooperation.
- There is a career exploration event on Tuesday, October 9th from 9:30 – 11:30 at Eaton in Belmond. This is open to students in all grade levels. This opportunity will allow you to explore a variety of careers in the manufacturing field including human resources, engineering, finance, machine operation, production supervision, etc. If you are interested, please see Mrs. Lillquist ASAP.
- If you are taking the PSAT, packets are available for pick up. Please stop by and see Mrs. Lillquist. Cost to take the test is $16. The test is next Wednesday from approximately 9:20 – 12:20 and will be in Mr. Thompson’s room.
- There will be a representative from Buena Vista University here next Tuesday, October 9th, from 8:30 – 9:30 in the high school conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
Happy birthday, Miranda Dixon!
Don’t Wait…The Time Will Never Be Right!!