Announcements – September 13, 2021 – Day A/3
September 13, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch: BBQ rib shape/bun, Baked beans, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Omelet, Toast Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Chicken fajitas w/fixings, Broccoli, Applesauce
Happy Birthday, Connor Lane!
- Mrs. Dodge’s Classes today: 2nd block – Senior lounge
Warhawk – Mrs. Trewin
3rd – Mrs. Wilkinson
- Good luck to the Junior High Volleyball team as they take on Northwood-Kensett this afternoon in Rockwell at 4:15!
- JV Football game in Sheffield tonight vs. Nashua-Plainfield kicks off at 6:00. Good luck boys!
- Junior High Football has their first game Tuesday, 9/14 vs Newman Catholic in Rockwell at 4:15.
- JJV/JV/V Volleyball takes on St. Ansgar at home on Tuesday, 9/14. Good luck girls!
- JH/JV/V G/B Cross Country runners will be in action Thursday, 9/16 at Veterans Memorial Golf Club in Clear Lake with the first race starting at 4:15. Bus will depart at 2:50.
- Junior High Volleyball will be in action at St. Ansgar on Thursday, 9/16. Bus departs from Sheffield at 2:50.
- Varsity Football will take on West Hancock in Britt on Friday, 9/17. Kickoff will be at 7:00 with the bus leaving at 4:00.
- Varsity Volleyball will be in action at the Nashua-Plainfield tournament Saturday, 9/18. Good luck girls!
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT test, need to email Mrs. Lillquist no later than tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14th at 4:00.
- A representative from Northwest Iowa Community College will be here tomorrow, Tuesday, September 14th at 11:40 AM. Please stop by if you have any questions, especially if you are interested in any of the following programs: powerline, nursing, radiology, heavy equipment, diesel technology, automotive & light duty diesel, industrial & commercial wiring and industrial instrumentation & control.
- The next ACT test is on Saturday, October 23rd. The last day to sign up is this Friday, September 17th. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A representative from the University of Northern Iowa will be here on Monday, September 27th at 11:20. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Sukup Manufacturing is having a virtual event to celebrate National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 1st! This is a great opportunity to learn about modern manufacturing and career opportunities. This event will run from 9:30 – 12:30 on Friday, October 1st via Zoom. Registration is required and must be completed by 4:00 PM on Monday, September 27th. For questions or to register, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The high school Principal Advisory Council is open to all 10th-12th grade students. This group meets once a month with Mrs. Willms to discuss issues important to the student body. If you are interested in participating, please pick up an application from the office. These should be turned in by Friday at 3:00.
- If the Homecoming date you are taking is not a student at our school, please stop by the office and pick up a permission form. Permission forms are due back by Monday, September 20th at 3:30 pm.
- School pictures are scheduled for September 23rd. Retake Day: October 14th
- High school yearbooks are available in Mr. Burt’s room.
- HS volleyball pictures can be picked up in Mr. Burt’s room.
- NIACC books and schedules will be ready today. Please pick them up during Warhawk Time.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, October 29th at the North Gym in Sheffield.
- Drama Practice will take place at 7 PM on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the Media Center. Please bring your script and a highlighter on Tuesday. Practice starts Tuesday, September 14th!
- Parking reminder:
- Juniors and Seniors parking in North parking lot
- Freshman and Sophomores parking in South parking lots
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful