Announcements – September 21, 2021 – Day A/3
September 21, 2021 – Day A/3
Today’s Lunch:Ham/cheese/bun, Green beans, Pears
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR muffin, Poptart, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Walking taco w/fixings, Refried beans, Peaches
Happy birthday, Cannon Craighton!
Happy birthday, Carter Schaefer!
Congratulations to the 2021 Homecoming Court!!
Madisyn Bonner, Mya Braun, Maddie Hubka, Cici Sullivan and Mycah Weaver
Nate Hubka, Ki Janssen, Austin Leininger, Alex Nuehring and Deven Showalter
Dress up days for Homecoming Week are:
Tuesday – Tourist Day
Wednesday – City Day
Thursday – Jersey Day
Friday – Spirit Day
- Come and enjoy the Homecoming Parade tomorrow (9.22). Parade starts at 6, and the pep rally will follow at the football field. During the pep rally the King and Queen will be crowned.
- Deven Showalter, Hayden Shreckengost, Jaydn Gauley, Carson Nuerhing, Isaac Truex, Paula Jorgensen, Anna Dirksen, Justin Schultz, Landon Showalter. Please stop in the office and pick up your yearbook.
- School pictures are scheduled for September 23rd. Retake Day: October 14th
- JH Football at Central Springs Tuesday, 9/21. 3:10 bus for a 4:15 kickoff.
- JJV/JV/V Volleyball at Osage Tuesday, 9/21. Bus departs at 4:05 with lower levels starting at 5:30 and Varsity at 7:00. Stream link: https://987kisscountry.com/sports/osage-green-devils/
- Junior High Volleyball at home against Rockford on Thursday, 9/23 starts at 4:15.
- JH/JV/V G/B Cross Country at Pioneer Town and Country Club in Manly on Thursday, 9/23. First race starts at 4:15 and the bus will leave from Sheffield at 2:55
- HOMECOMING Football game Friday, 9/24 vs Lake Mills. Kickoff at 7:00!
- We will be offering an ACT prep course. This is the same one that was offered this past summer. All students grades 9-12 are invited to participate. The class will meet on Thursdays during Warhawk Time, starting September 30. Students received an email from Mrs. Willms to sign up. Please do so by Wednesday, September 22.
- The 2021-2022 middle school and high school yearbooks can be ordered at: http://www.westforkyearbook.com
- Floral Design class is going to be offering a “Bouquet of the Month” from now until the end of the semester. The cost of the bouquet is $35, and the theme for September is “Harvest Time”. If you are interested in supporting the class, please let me Kaitlyn Porter know.
- A representative from the University of Northern Iowa will be here on Monday, September 27th at 11:20. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Sukup Manufacturing is having a virtual event to celebrate National Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 1st! This is a great opportunity to learn about modern manufacturing and career opportunities. This event will run from 9:30 – 12:30 on Friday, October 1st via Zoom. Registration is required and must be completed by 4:00 PM on Monday, September 27th. For questions or to register, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, November 19th at the North Gym in Sheffield at 7 PM.
- Drama Practice will begin on Thursday, September 16th at the library at 7 PM. It will go until 9 PM. Please meet Mr. Nuehring at the main office and make arrangements for transportation. Download the Remind app from the app store and use the code @2021fallpl for announcements and communication.
- Parking reminder:
- Juniors and Seniors parking in North parking lot
- Freshman and Sophomores parking in South parking lots
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful