Announcements – September 22, 2023 – Day 4
September 22, 2023 – Day 4
This weeks birthdays
Isabelle Furbush – 9/17
Kaylee Truax-Fessler- 9/18
Katelyn Witte – 9/20
Carter Schaefer – 9/21
Riley Stonebraker – 9/22
Ethan Funk – 9/23
Chayton Peterson – 9/24
- Sukup is hosting a Manufacturing Day on Friday, October 6th from 9:30 – 1:30. Students will learn about career and internship opportunities along with a NIACC presentation. Lunch is provided. Workshop rotations include: painting, welding, tool & dye, mechanics, robotics, industrial maintenance, fleet maintenance and capital infrastructure. For more information or to register, please see Mrs. Lillquist. The deadline to sign up is this Monday, September 25th.
- Here is the link for the lunch menu https://myschoolmenus.com/organizations/1999
- Important dates to remember:
- Picture Retakes – September 28
- No School – October 9 PD
- Fall Play:Actors are still needed! If you were unable to come to auditions, please email email@example.com and we will work something out.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Some of these programs fill up quickly, so don’t delay. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Attention Sophomores: Next year, as a junior, you are able to participate in our Rockwell Industrial Academy. If you are interested or would like more information, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- The next ACT test is Saturday, October 28th. The last day to sign up for this test is this Friday, September 22nd. Please go to www.act.org to sign up or for more information. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions.
- NHS Meetings will be held on the first Tuesday of each month during Homeroom time in Mrs. Sears’ room
- 2023 Graduates – If you ordered a yearbook, please pick them up in the HS/MS office.
- Friday, September 22
- 7:00 = Varsity Football vs. West Hancock
- Monday, September 25
- 4:15 = JH Volleyball at Rockwell (1 net: 4:15 = 7th grade, 5:15 = 8th grade)
- 4:15 = JH/JV/V Cross Country at Garner (dismissed at 2:20 bus leaves at 2:30)
- Tuesday, September 26
- 4:15 = JH Football at Eagle Grove (dismissed at 2:35 bus leaves at 2:45)
- Thursday, September 28
- 4:15 = JH/JV/V Cross Country at Hampton (dismissed at 2:25 bus leaves at 2:35)
- 4:15 = JH Football at Lake Mills (dismissed at 2:20 bus leaves at 2:30)
- 4:15 = JH Volleyball at Rockwell
JH After Sport Practice Shuttle Schedule
Fall (FB, VB, XC)
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:30pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:40pm – Sheffield
- 6:00pm – Meservey
- 6:05pm – Thornton
- 6:12pm – Swaledale
- 6:20pm – Rockwell
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Wed):
- 5:15pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:25pm – Sheffield
- 5:45pm – Meservey
- 5:50pm – Thornton
- 5:58pm – Swaledale
- 6:05pm – Rockwell
- Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
- 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the
- Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve-Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful