Announcements – September 6, 2022 – Day B/4
September 6, 2022 – Day B/4
Today’s lunch: BBQ Rib shape/bun, Green beans, Peaches
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Muffin, Yogurt, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Sloppy joe/bun, Baked beans, Applesauce
This weeks birthdays
Wyatt Bonnema – 9/6
Kiden Brown – 9/8
Ms. Brood – 9/8
Cayde Eberling – 9/9
Jonathan Lunning – 9/9
Brynn Gethmann – 9/11
Upcoming Dates: 9/8 – MS/HS School pictures
Classification of Absences: All absences will be classified in one of two ways:
#1 Excused Absence – Parent has notified the school and the school approves. No penalty. All work may be made up. These are limited to: personal illness, professional appointments, school activities, funerals, family vacations, emergency work at home with parents, or personal family issues – which must be shared with the principal or counselor. ● Doctor notes should be turned into the office to excuse the absence ● Oversleeping will not be excused.
#2 Unexcused Absence/Truancy -Absence for all or part of a day without prior knowledge and permission of either the student’s parent or the principal. Credit for work may be withheld. Students may be required to make up missed time or be issued a detention A letter will be sent home after 5, 10, and 15 absences each quarter Meeting with the principal.
- After Sport Shuttle Bus Schedule (Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri):
- 5:30pm – Leave Rockwell
- 5:40pm – Sheffield
- 6:00pm – Meservey
- 6:05pm – Thornton
- 6:12pm – Swaledale
- 6:20pm – Rockwell
- Tuesday, September 6th – JH/HS Cross Country at Belmond 4:30pm (Dismiss at 2:45, Bus leaves at 2:55pm)
- Tuesday, September 6th – JJV/JV/V Volleyball at Newman 5:30pm (Bus leaves at 4:15pm)
- Friday, September 9th – Home V Football 7:00pm
- Saturday, September 10th – V Volleyball at Belmond Tournament 9:00am ( Bus leaves at 7:45am)
- Fall Play Auditions – Auditions will be held for the fall play, “REUNION (After the End of the World)”, in the small gym on Thursday, September 8th from 3:30 – 7pm. MS/HS students interested in auditioning for one of the 14 roles or for stage crew (lighting, sound, set, costumes, assistant) should attend. Contact Nathan Pralle (email@example.com) with questions.
- NIACC students report to the Senior Lounge for class today.
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful