Announcements – September 8, 2021 – Day B/6
September 8, 2021 – Day B/6
Today’s Lunch: BBQ Pork/bun, Baked beans, Applesauce, Chips
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal OR Cinnamon Roll, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Cheese quesadilla, Peas, Pears
- The high school Principal Advisory Council is open to all 10th-12th grade students. This group meets once a month with Mrs. Willms to discuss issues important to the student body. If you are interested in participating, please pick up an application from the office. These should be turned in by Friday at 3:00.
- If the Homecoming date you are taking is not a student at our school, please stop by the office and pick up a permission form. Permission forms are due back by Monday, September 20th at 3:30 pm.
- Juniors interested in taking the PSAT test, please see Mrs. Lillquist tomorrow during Warhawk Time. An email with information will also be coming.
- The next ACT test is on Saturday, October 23rd. The last day to sign up is next Friday, September 17th. If you have any questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Congratulations to the Volleyball team on their victory over Newman Catholic last night! Varsity will be back in action Saturday morning at Belmond.
- The Cross Country teams competed at Belmond last night. HS Boys finished 9th with Josh Hagin earning a medalist place coming in 11th. HS Girls finished 4th with Kacie Eisentrager and Leah Weaver leading the team. For the JH group, Evie Hitzhusen finished in 1st place in the girls division. Way to go runners!
- School pictures are scheduled for September 23rd.
- High school yearbooks are available in Mr. Burt’s room.
- HS volleyball pictures can be picked up in Mr. Burt’s room.
- The middle school yearbook is available for pickup in Mrs. Otten’s room.
- NIACC books and schedules will be ready today. Please pick them up during Warhawk Time.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you!
- Drama Meeting on Wednesday, September 8th during High School Warhawk Time and Thursday, September 9th during Middle School Warhawk Time
- “The Hound of the Baskervilles” is a murder mystery dinner theater production adapted by Kent Brown and Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. The play will be put on Friday, October 29th at the North Gym in Sheffield. Auditions for the play will be held the week of September 7th through September 10th after school. If you want to be an extra or sign up for lights, sound and stage setup, please let Mr. Nuehring know! Please make arrangements with Mr. Nuehring if you can’t make the auditions. Sign up sheets and information about the play are posted on Mr. Nuehring’s classroom door and the bulletin board across from Mr. Hovenga’s classroom. Drama Meeting Tuesday, September 7th during High School Warhawk Time and during Middle School Warhawk Time!
- Parking reminder:
- Juniors and Seniors parking in North parking lot
- Freshman and Sophomores parking in South parking lots
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful