Last Announcement – May 27, 2022
May 27, 2022 – May Term
Today’s lunch: Hot dog/bun, Chips, Baby carrots, Applesauce
This week’s birthdays
Brett Behr – 5/22
Mrs. Rabey – 5/22
Ms. Vaughan – 5/22
Alicia Fink – 5/24
Mr. Prestidge – 5/25
Trey Wise – 5/26
Happy last day of school! Have a great summer!!!
- If any girl entering grade 7 through 12th is interested in cross country, there is information in the hs/ms office.
- The last day of school is today, May 27th and we will dismiss at 1:00pm.
- The following students still need to turn in their NIACC books: Taylar Dawkins, Mya Mathias, Tia Reason and Rose Rother. Please get them turned into Mrs. Lillquist ASAP.
- High School PM Exploratory for Music Appreciation will meet in the media center instead of Mr. Nuehring’s room.
- CLASS OF 2022 SENIORS – please be checking your West Fork email in the next couple of days if you received scholarships at awards night last Wednesday. Mrs. Lillquist is working on sending information to you regarding how to obtain your award and where to send a note of thanks. If you have any questions, please contact her.
- Please please clean out your locker at the Wellness Center and in the locker room. The staff will be scrubbing lockers very soon.
- If you are interested in a part time job, the Wellness Center is hiring.
- Attention Middle School Students: NIACC is offering the Verizon Innovative Learning STEM Achievers program. It is a hands-on program developed to enrich learning through design thinking, 3D printing, augmented reality, social entrepreneurship and mentorship centered around careers in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) fields. This is an in-person camp with lunch provided, open to all genders and nonbinary youth. The program runs from July 11 – August 5, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM at the NIACC John Pappajohn Entrepreneurial Center. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- The NIACC Youth Entrepreneurial Academy (YEA) will be offered June 13-17, 2022 at NIACC from 8:30 AM to 4:00 PM with presentations on June 21, 5:30 PM to 8:30 PM. This event is free! All students will receive a $500 scholarship to NIACC and a gas card provided for travel with an opportunity to win a $500 seed money award. Applications are due May 16th or until full.
- NIACC is hosting a Health Careers Camp July 21-22, 2022 from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM. This is a time for 9-12th grade students to explore health careers such as nursing, EMT, medical assistant, certified nurse aide, physical therapist assistant and potentially athletic training. The cost will be approximately $110 and usually includes lunch both days, a t-shirt and a stethoscope.
- Minds On! Hands On! Camp will be held June 20 – 22 at NIACC. This is a free event offered for girls that will be in grades 9-12 in fall of 2022. This year the focus will be on NIACC Heating and Air Conditioning program with a focus on maintenance and repair in the home. Lunch will be provided daily. Camp is limited to 12 campers, so please register early.
- Any students that want/need to update their Wellness Center membership and have the money at school(cash or check), please stop by Mr. Nuehring’s room and Mr. Nuehring will get you a membership form, collect the money and get you a receipt. You can also pay online at the West Fork website if you have a debit/credit card. It is $50 for the year or $5 for a day pass. Remember, no admission in the Wellness Center if you do not have a membership or five dollars for the day pass.
- South Dakota State University is hosting a Natural Resource Camp for students entering grades 9-12. The camp will be held July 18-22 in Astoria, SD. The cost is $300 which includes lodging and meals. Space is limited and parent/guardian permission is required. This is a great opportunity for students who want to learn more about the natural world or would like to pursue a career related to natural resources. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more details.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance by the office. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages
24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office.
Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful