MS/HS Announcements – December 11, 2020 -Day B
December 11, 2020 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Sloppy joe/bun, Corn, Pineapple, Chips
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR Frudel Or To Go Breakfast
Monday’s lunch: Chicken patty/bun, Corn, Mandarin oranges
- Information from Newman Catholic on tonight’s basketball games:
- As spectators arrive we ask that they remain in their vehicles or they will be asked to wait in the cafeteria until the doors are opened for their game. We will have the roster check in sheet in front of our gym doors, please ask spectators to be ready to show their lanyard at the check in gate and try to bring exact change if possible.
- At the conclusion of each game we will clear the gym of all spectators, close the doors, sanitize the bleachers, and then reopen the doors for the next game. We ask that all spectators exit the bleacher seating immediately following the conclusion of the game to help with this process.
- We will be streaming the JV and V games on Facebook Live. If your fans wish to watch the stream, they can go to the Newman Catholic Schools Facebook homepage and choose the events section. There will be a $5.99 charge to live stream the games.
- Junior High sports will resume today, Friday, 12/11. Updated game schedules will be sent home with athletes today.
- DRIVERS EDUCATION DATES:
REMAINING DATES FOR 20-21 SCHOOL YEAR
( TUESDAY / THURSDAY 5-8 )
Jan 19th – Feb 18th
Mar 2nd – Apr 1st (any missed classes for spring break can be made up via recording at their convenience)
Apr 20th – May 20th
( MONDAY – FRIDAY 8-12 )
June 7th – June 18th
July 6th – July16th
Aug 2nd – Aug 13th
( SATURDAY 8:30 – 2:30)
All sign ups can be done online at DRIVEWISE.CO – Drivers education for free and reduced students can still be done on paper and mailed to 1413 South Lake View Drive in Clear Lake as normal. If students sign up with a friend for the moped safety class they will get a $10 refund at the completion of the full Saturday course.
- The following students have a loaner Chromebook and Mr. Burt would like to have them back by tomorrow. Tia Lau, Alexia Schulte, Nathan Harlan, Geoffrey Stroup (charger), Kaylee Truex
- Online students may have pictures to be picked up in the office.
- An Absolutely True Story As Told By A Bunch Of Lying Liars play is rescheduled (again) to Sunday, December 20th at 4 PM with the backup date being Thursday, January 7th at 7 PM. Based on the guidance from Governor Reynolds, only two people per cast member will be admitted. The play will be aired on West Fork Facebook Live, Instagram Live and Twitter Live.
- Play practice will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 7 PM to 8 PM after Thanksgiving Break.
- NOV 10- DEC 15 TUESDAY/THURSDAY 5-8PM
All of our classes are on zoom for the rest of the year with drives in forest city just like normal, a little different with the registration process.. they need to sign up online at drivewise.co unless they are free and reduced then they can fill out the pamphlet and mail it in or they can go to the drivewise.co website and they can print out the form at the bottom of the page and send it in! We are trying to limit paper copies.. if you could pass this on to the students during your announcements that would be appreciated as always!
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful
Comments are closed, but trackbacks and pingbacks are open.