MS/HS Announcements – November 10, 2020 – Day B
November 10, 2020 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: Beef -N-Cheese nachos, Broccoli, Mandarin oranges
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/Yogurt or Waffle Or To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: BBQ ribs/bun, Corn, Applesauce
- Friday, November 13 “An Absolutely True Story As Told By A Bunch Of Lying Liars” is postponed until further notice. A future date will be determined.
- The NIACC college visit has been rescheduled. Anne Boyer will be here on Thursday, December 10th. More details will be made available as the date approaches.
- Mrs. Willms is looking for members of the Principal’s Advisory Committee (PAC). This group is open to 10th-12th grade students who would like to be able to provide student feedback to Mrs. Willms. We meet once a month at 7:30. Applications are available in the office and are due back on Thursday.
- Our next S.O.A.R. goal is set! Each middle school and high school can earn a movie day on November 24. The high school goal is 1000 tickets from October 26-November 20 and the middle school goal is 1500 tickets. Good luck!
- The first ever middle school/high school play is called “An Absolutely True Story As Told By A Bunch Of Lying Liars”. Written by Ian McWethy, this play is a comedy that goes through “who broke the vase”. When the play is put on, it will be open to the public with social distanced seating, and freewill donation. Suggested donation is $3. 10% of the proceeds will go to Spirit of West Fork. There MAY be a drawing for a $40 gift certificate to West Fork Wharf for those that attend the play! Audience will be required to wear a mask and if you don’t feel comfortable attending it will also be aired on West Fork’s Facebook and Instagram Live page. Mr. Nuehring wants to personally thank the cast, backstage crew, and the sound/light team, along with Mr. Grunklee, Mrs. Payton and Mr. Schluetter for all they have done.
- The following students need to pick up their repaired Chromebooks in Mr. Burt’s room: Sebastian Martinez, Deven Showalter, Betti Jo Hayes, Lillian Eberly, Reed Stonebraker.
- Local radio station KLMJ in Hampton is looking for students who are interested in radio broadcasting or communications to job shadow for the coming sports seasons. This could be used to gain service hours as well. This is a great opportunity that could lead to a part time paid position, and insight into a local business and industry. If you are interested in this opportunity, please call KLMJ Radio station at 641-456-5656 and ask to speak with Jeff Vermine.
- NOV 10- DEC 15 TUESDAY/THURSDAY 5-8PM
All of our classes are on zoom for the rest of the year with drives in forest city just like normal, a little different with the registration process.. they need to sign up online at drivewise.co unless they are free and reduced then they can fill out the pamphlet and mail it in or they can go to the drivewise.co website and they can print out the form at the bottom of the page and send it in! We are trying to limit paper copies.. if you could pass this on to the students during your announcements that would be appreciated as always!
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you.
- Play practice at 7:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays in Mr. Nuehring’s room.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful