MS/HS Announcements – October 23, 2020 – Day A
October 23, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Pizza, Green beans, Peaches
Monday’s breakfast: Cereal/Donut or Frudel Or To Go Breakfast
Monday’s lunch: Chicken fajitas w/fixings, Broccoli, Pears
- Picture retake day is scheduled for October 29th. For the students that are not here that day, Lifetouch will be here on November 9th.
- Warhawk Basketball Cheerleading tryouts are November 5th and 6th. If interested information and sign up sheet is in the HS/MS office.
- Monday (10/26) at 3:30pm there will be a sign up/short meeting in the wellness center meeting room for any girls interested in basketball this year.
- Second round of the football postseason is this Friday at St. Ansgar. Kickoff is at 7:00.
- Archery sign up sheet is in the ms/hs office.
- NOV 10- DEC 15 TUESDAY/THURSDAY 5-8PM
All of our classes are on zoom for the rest of the year with drives in forest city just like normal, a little different with the registration process.. they need to sign up online at drivewise.co unless they are free and reduced then they can fill out the pamphlet and mail it in or they can go to the drivewise.co website and they can print out the form at the bottom of the page and send it in! We are trying to limit paper copies.. if you could pass this on to the students during your announcements that would be appreciated as always!
- What’s your plan for after high school? Explore your options by checking out one of the Iowa ACAC College Fairs on October 22 or 25. Over 85 representatives from colleges, universities, technical schools, apprenticeship programs and the military will be available. Please visit www.iowaacac.org/2020-virtual-college-fairs or visit with Mrs. Lillquist for more information!
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you
- A representative from Ellsworth Community College will be here today, Friday, October 23 at 11:00 AM. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- A representative from Simpson College will be here on Monday, October 26th at 10:00 AM. Please stop by if you have any questions!
- Anne Boyer from NIACC will be here all day on Thursday, October 29th to help students register for second semester NIACC classes.
- Play practice at 7:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays in Mr. Nuehring’s room.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful