MS/HS Announcements – October 5, 2020 – Day A
October 5, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Chicken patty/bun, Green beans, Pears
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/muffin OR French toast Or To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: Corn dog, Carrots, Peaches, Bread/butter
** Middle School Volleyball Players need to change into their uniforms before they leave school today. Nashua would like us to avoid using their locker rooms
- JH Volleyball at Nashua Monday, 10/5 starts at 4:15.
- JV Football game Monday, 10/5 is in Nora Springs, bus will depart at 4:30. Kickoff is at 6:00.
- JV/V G/B XC at Eagle Grove Tuesday, 10/6 starts at 4:00. Bus departs at 2:50.
- JH Football at North Butler Tuesday, 10/6 starts at 4:15. Bus departs at 2:50.
- JV/V VB vs. Nashua-Plainfield Tuesday, 10/6 at home starts at 5:30.
- JH VB vs. Northwood-Kensett Thursday, 10/8 in Rockwell starts at 4:15.
- Varsity FB vs North Butler Friday, 10/9 kicks off at 7:00.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Anytime any student enters the building after 8:15am or exits the building before 3:00pm, it is VERY important that you check in or out at the office. Thank you
- Juniors and seniors: Mrs. Lillquist has sent emails out regarding visits at UNI, Iowa Central and Ellsworth. Please check your email if you are interested in attending any of these institutions.
- Play practice at 7:00 PM on Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays in Mr. Nuehring’s room.
- Archery sign up sheet is in the office.
- SENIORS: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. This free application allows you to apply for financial aid for college. If you are even considering attending college after graduation in May, you will want to fill this out. You can access the application at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa. If you have questions, please see Mrs. Lillquist.
- A representative from Central College will be here on Monday, October 5th at 10:00 in the conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- The deadline for October ACT testing dates has been extended to Monday, October 5th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions.
- Picture retakes are scheduled for October 29th.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at email@example.com.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful