MS/HS Announcements – September 24, 2020 – Day B
September 24, 2020 – Day B
Today’s Lunch Menu: BBQ pork/bun, Baked beans, Peaches, Chips
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast OR Breakfast pizzza Or To Go Breakfast
Tomorrow’s lunch: Pizza, Green beans, Mandarin oranges
- No Jr.High football or volleyball practice on Friday, September 25.
- Sukup Manufacturing is hosting their 6th manufacturing event. This year it is going to be virtual! The event is open to all 9-12 grade students and will be held from 9:30 – 12:45 next Friday, October 2nd. They will be showcasing a variety of jobs available in relation to manufacturing including welding, management, human resources and IT. Please contact Mrs. Lillquist by Monday, September 28th if you are interested in attending!
- JH/JV/V Cross Country at Central Springs Thursday, 9/24/JV/V XC at Central Springs Thursday, 9/24 starts at 4:30. Bus departs at 3:00. Meet will be held at Pioneer Town and Country Club in Manly.
- JH VB at Rockford Thursday, 9/24 starts at 4:15. Bus departs at 3:00.
- Homecoming football game against Nashua-Plainfield Friday, 9/25 starts at 7:00.
- A representative from Central College will be here on Monday, October 5th at 10:00 in the conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- A representative from Simpson College will be here on Wednesday, October 7th at 9:30 in the conference room. Please stop by if you have any questions.
- The next ACT registration deadline for October ACT testing dates is Friday, September 25th. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you have any questions.
- Mrs. Dodge is looking for some students who would like to walk in the Homecoming Parade for the PBIS float. Open to any middle school or high school students who are not already walking in the parade. Those who are interested email Mrs. Dodge at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Picture retakes are scheduled for October 30th.
- Attention Juniors: Next year, as a senior, you are able to enroll in a program AT NIACC. Some of the programs offered include welding, automotive, diesel, building trades, industrial mechanics and maintenance, tool and die, information technology, industrial systems technology, heating and air conditioning technology, etc. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information or to get your name on the list.
- Just a reminder: When students are entering or leaving the building, please use the northeast entrance. Thank you
- Don’t forget to order your middle school or high school yearbook!
- The activity shuttle bus departs from Rockwell at 5:15 to bring middle school athletes back to Sheffield.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is set up to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call. Please call 641-892-4461 or 641-450-5654 to leave a message with Mrs. Shreve – Building Secretary or email to email@example.com
- A friendly reminder to everyone to have your masks with you at all times. Staff will give you permission to take them off when the situation is appropriate. Please use the hand sanitizer both when entering and leaving each classroom. We all need to work together to protect not only ourselves, but our friends, families and communities! Every student should be checking their temp at home before coming to school. If your temp is 100 degrees or higher, or if you do not feel well, STAY HOME and contact the school! Any questions can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful