Tuesday, March 3, 2020 – Day A
Today’s Lunch Menu: Spaghetti/meat sauce, Green beans, Pears, Breadstick
Tomorrow’s breakfast: Cereal/toast or cinni mini, Fruit
Tomorrow’s lunch: Popcorn chicken, Mashed potatoes, Corn, Pineapple
Choice 1: Chef salad Choice 2: Tuna salad croissant
Sign up before 9:45 – either before school or in between 1st block and 2nd block.
- Track students will be dismissed today at 12:35 and the bus will depart at 12:45.
- West Fork State Basketball t-shirt order forms are in the office. The order deadline is Wednesday, March 4 by 12:00 (noon).
- Everyone who attended the contest in Osage on Saturday PLEASE go to the Senior Lounge for a group picture.
- Anyone interested in trying out for the 2020-2021 dance team tryouts will be at 12 pm in the north gym Sunday March 8th. We should be done no later than 3 pm! Parent meeting at 12 in the senior lounge by the high school door. Please enter using these doors in Sheffield.
- The Masonry Institute of Iowa is holding a high school masonry day in Hampton on Tuesday, March 24th from 9:30 – 1:00 with lunch provided. Please let Mrs. Lillquist know if you are interested in attending.
- Swimming Pool Lifeguards – Applications are now being accepted by the City of Sheffield. Applications are available at Sheffield city hall and online applications are due by Wednesday, March 4th.
- NIACC is once again offering a number of free classes this summer. Classes start in June and the end date depends on the class. These classes are offered on the NIACC campus and spots are limited. Sign up is now open; it is first come, first serve, so the sooner you sign up the better. The following classes are available for credit this summer: Certified Nursing Assistant Course, Body Structure and Function with Lab, Introduction to Programming, Livestock Evaluation, Introduction to Business, Personal Finance and Principles of Management. Please see Mrs. Lillquist if you would like to sign up or have questions.
- There is a job opening for Clear Lake State Park. The Recreational Aide position would be great for anyone that is interested in conservation, likes to work outdoors, or would like to work for the DNR someday. We still hire students that are just looking for a summer job that may not be interested in the parks and conservation field too. Anyone interested should call Joshua Rembe at 641-357-4212 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Mya Braun and Emma McKee need to hand in their vb uniforms.
- If a student is absent, the parent is asked to notify the office. The school phone system is setup to take messages 24 hours a day (for calls before and after the office is open). Upon returning to school after being absent from the building, the student is required to check in with the office. Before leaving for any reason during the school day, the student is required to check in with the office prior to leaving the building. If the school has not been notified and the student is absent the office will attempt to notify the parents or guardian. Either with an email from JMC or a phone call .
- Lexi Schulte, please turn in your NIACC books from fall semester ASAP or you will need to cover replacement cost!!!
- JUNIORS: The Herbert Hoover Uncommon Student Award is a $10,000 scholarship program for high school juniors. The program identifies up to 15 Iowa students who propose and then accomplish a project of their own choosing and design. The finalists will receive a $1,500 cash award. Three of the finalists could earn an additional $10,000 scholarship. The deadline is March 15, 2020. Please see Mrs. Lillquist for more information.
- As a reminder to both students and parents, if you are feeling unwell at school to the point that you think you need to go home, you are to first visit the school nurse who will do an assessment to determine if they should go home or if she feels they should try to stick it out for the rest of the day. We have far too many students texting or calling their parents and getting permission to go home without ever being evaluated. While we certainly don’t want students here who are ill and potentially contagious, a good attendance record is vital to their success here at school. It also helps them develop the work ethic and reliability that future employers will be looking for. Thank you for your cooperation with this. Shelley
Safe – Outstanding Citizens – Accountable – Respectful